Positive aging is pronounced as a progression of upholding a positive attitude, feeling good about yourself, keeping fit and healthy, and engaging fully in life as you age. Aging is often allied with many gratifying experiences.
Every elderly person ought to maintain a positive attitude towards aging. A positive self-perceptions about getting older may slow down the aging process. The researchers concluded, “Negative perceptions of aging may modify the association between frailty and frontal cognitive part in older adults”.
Active aging is to incorporating a positive attitude in life, optimizing opportunities for health in order to enhance the quality of life as people age. It applies to both individuals and population groups.
Attitude to aging is a key to optimal health! Research shows people who live the longest have a relaxed and positive outlook on life.
A good and positive attitude towards aging can help us to develop more resilience while strengthening the sense of fulfillment and control, despite the challenges that associated with growing older.
The goal of Positive attitude towards aging
- To achieve their full potential, at their older age
- Engaging Older adults in social, cultural, and family life.
- Assists Seniors in nurturing better unity with Youngers.
- Prepare them to celebrates the aging process
- Develop Self-efficacy, Self-compassion, and Self-awareness
- Feel safe and secure and can age in the community
- Increasing opportunities for personal growth and community participation
Benefits of Positive Attitude towards Aging
Researchers continue to explore the effects of good attitude, positive thinking and optimistic behavior on health. The right attitude towards aging has so many benefits.
- It allows people to live independently later in life.
- Eliminate all of the negative beliefs, negative thoughts, and negative habits
- People with the Positive attitude towards aging tend to make healthier lifestyle choices.
- Make a network with positive character traits and get a job that is more in line with your life’s passion
- Enhance quantity, quality, and longevity of life.
- Maintain a strong bonding in personal and social relationships
- Reduce stress in your life via meditation or cultivating positive thoughts
- Able to handle the changes in a better way that all seniors face as increasing age.
- Lessen cardiovascular response to stress and they tend to engage in healthier activities
- Become optimistic, gain confidence and courage
- Increase the life span as optimistic reduced hypertension and death rates compared to pessimists.
Basic habits to Accomplish Positive Aging in seniors Life
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle such as healthy eating, proper weight management, good sleep, no smoking, and drinking
- Stay physically active by least 30 minutes of walking, Stretching or light exercise every day
- Minimizing stress level can promote positive aging.
- Practicing a Positive emotion is good for your body and your mental health
- Stay connected with our spouse or partner, your family members, friends, and neighbors. Participate in others society or community programs.
- Take benefit of regular health screenings, medical check-ups and engage in preventive health behavior.
Do not let your spirits go down. Train your mind to think positively even in hard times to enjoy the physical and psychological benefits in older age. It is a time of change which offers opportunity as well as challenges. Changes we may face are many and varied and can include our change of work role and status, body image, living arrangements and social networks.
The impact of the change will depend on people’s attitudes, coping skills and support they have and the environment in which the change takes place. It is significant to explore our attitudes towards aging, gain an understanding of how to make the necessary plans catering for seniors to enter into a new phase of life.