Do you know, older people happier than people in their 20’s? As per the research, people in their 20’s and 30’s reported having the highest levels of depression, anxiety a, d stress. Correspondingly their levels of happiness were low.
Study discloses that there is a surprising connection among aging and happiness. It is found that Americans are most happy between the ages of 65 and 74 & are unhappiest between 40 and 44.
After the early 20s, happiness is generally found to decline until the mid-50s, after which point it increased again into the 70s.
The latest research has shown that older people happier and enjoy life at their full satisfaction. People tend to get happier as they age, they engage them with family members and love them very much.
Now the big question is although the old age is considered as painful for most of us, then why those over 70’s are so happy than youngsters.
In this blog, we will disclose few astonishing fact about why older people happier and that makes them better-off-
- As people got older, their perception to look the things has changes even to see in a different & positive way. Hence, the things started getting superior and healthier for them. It’s according to a research found that happiest Americans are the oldest, and older adults are more socially active than the stereotype of the lonely senior suggests.
- The depressive symptoms in late life have declined. The life is really is easier for older folks than it used to be at the age of 20’s or 30’s.
- The study suggests that older people are actually happier with daily life than those who are in 20’s. They have the lowest levels of worry, hopelessness and tension, and the highest levels of happiness and satisfaction. There is the progressive improvement in mental health that makes them cheerful.
- Older people tend to be more emotionally intelligent and are better at controlling their emotions and argue less. They are more accepting of their strengths and weaknesses.
- They’re free of the struggle to succeed in their job roles, careers options, and the emotional and financial struggles of Rather than living for the future, they are more present-centered. Older people begin to accept themselves and their lives as they are.
Once people are older and have established a better sense of who they are and experiences they view as self-defining. On the other hand, the new age people actively seeking to define themselves, find it particularly rewarding to collect extraordinary experiences and that mark their progression through life milestones.
In the end, happiness is the most important thing to achieve and that in itself will keep you younger. As Americans get older, they tend to report greater satisfaction with their standard of living and increased financial stability, as well as less worry and stress, the survey found.
What do you think about aging and its strong connection between aging and happiness? At what age do you believe people are happiest? Let us know your views in comments.