Now a days, there are so many seniors and young people prefer to get regular physiotherapy exercise for maintaining the overall fitness at home. Physiotherapy exercises sometimes involve therapeutic exercise to improve strength, range of motion and endurance.
It also helps to correct postural and muscle imbalance, joint mobilisation, manipulation and soft tissue massage, as well as stretching and trigger point therapy to reduce stiffness and to relieve pain.
Light exercises seniors can also do with the support of a home caregiver. With this in mind, here are some of the best exercises for seniors that any caregiver should encourage the seniors to do it.
Wondering what makes physical therapy so important? Today’s more sedentary lifestyle has led to a number of ailments that can reduce your quality of life. Physiotherapy exercises and other major or minor exercises at home works to strengthen and heal the body.
The physiotherapy techniques are useful everyone after injury or illness to rebuild weakened tissue. A person with keen joint pain, lower back pain or injury can often find relief with the help of physiotherapy exercises.
If you want the same with professional physiotherapist for home health care services for your patients, seniors or anyone, then there are a number of things that you needs to know to make sure these individuals become as healthy as possible.
In addition to helping seniors eat right and making sure that you are tending to their medical needs, there are also other ways that you can help seniors who are receiving this type of care.
In this blog, we have listed some of the best physiotherapy exercises for seniors that any caregiver should encourage them to try it-
- Bending exercises – Side bending, front bending and cross bending exercise
- Stretching – legs. Arms, forearms, upper back and lower back stretching exercises
- Light weights and strength training exercises
- Water aerobics
- Aerobic classes
- Body weight exercises like push-ups
Benefits of Physiotherapy Exercises –
There is no doubt that taken seriously and done the right way, there is no better treatment than physiotherapy. This is because physiotherapy uses the medium of exercises, ranging from simple to high level postures, to repair your body internally. And we all know that slow and steady wins the race.
- Physiotherapy ensures Slow, Steady and Sustainable Repair of the Body
- Physiotherapy is an excellent healer of Cardio Pulmonary Issues in the Body
- Physiotherapy works towards Restoring a Balanced Emotional Mental State which is Crucial for Holistic Treatment
- Continuous Physiotherapy keeps Neurological Disorders in a Controlled State
- Exercises recommended in Physiotherapy yield multiple benefits by Exercising the Whole Body overall
When backaches, shoulder pain, neck pain and knee pains become a constant feature of your daily life, it is a cause of worry. In such situations, you need to consult a competent professional physiotherapist. Thereafter take your physiotherapy sessions extremely seriously! Treatment of such aches and pains via Physiotherapy and not via medicines, drugs or surgeries is undoubtedly the right way!
So it’s time to wake up and put a stop to the self-treatment mode that you may be in because ignorance is not always bliss!